Looks like OM did a good job on explaining why iodine is not a great option.

I should probably also explain why I would ditch the char cloth, lint and flint. There is a difference between a "survival" kit, and a bushcraft/ re-enactment kit. A bushcraft kit is designed to help you practice primitive skills. You test yourself and have fun doing it. A survival kit is designed to keep you alive. You want your survival kit to be the highest tech it can be, and you want it to give you the highest chance of success. Char cloth is great at catching an ember, but there are better options out there that do a better job, aren't as fragile, and burn hotter. Lint is also good as tinder, but it won't work if it has synthetic fibers in it. And, you won't know that unless you try to burn it. Cotton balls do the same thing....but they give you the 100% guarantee that they are 100% cotton. If you add an excellerant to the cotton balls, then you have a better chance at fire. Flint and steel is not the easiest way to start a fire. A ferrocerium rod is much easier, and lighter.

So, really the difference is that you said this is a survival kit. Most bushcrafters I know say you are a fool to not carry a bic lighter. In my fire kit, I take a lighter, a waterproof container of storm matches (UCO or REI brand), and a ferro rod. I also have 2 pieces of wetfire, and a bunch of cotton balls with a small container of vaseline. Sometimes I carry a magnifying glass. I try to use the ferro rod or magnifying glass first. This is for fun and practice. The matches and lighter are for when I REALLY need fire. You can also buy small road flares. That is probably the best option.