I note that the new Moment DW has doors on both sides which presumably should help the ventilation. Of course, it's heavier!

I have found a lot more condensation issues in a tent having lower clearance over my head (source of most of the moisture). That's an issue with most side-opening tents. The low ceiling allows less room for my warm moist exhalations to spread out or (ideally) leave the tent before hitting the cold tent wall and condensing. That's why I like the Tarptent Squall 2 and the Gossamer Gear/Tarptent Squall Classic (latter no longer made, but I am keeping mine!) in which the highest point of the tent is over my head.

Sometimes you're just stuck camping in the open on vegetation, like it or not. In places where the bark beetle has killed off much of the forest, out in the meadow may be the only safe place to camp! As W_D points out, when it has been or is raining, the ground will be wet everywhere.

Edited by OregonMouse (05/12/14 07:02 PM)