Mostly now, I go for weekends or long weekends - three nights and four days are about it. I've never had any problems with the Sawyer Squeeze or Playtpus Gravityworks (or its sister-company clone, MSR Autoflow); they're easy and light, and reasonably maintenance free. I'm not a fan of the MSR Hyperflow, though. The Katadyn Minifilter was also problematic. Between the Squeeze and Gravityworks, I'd probably choose the Gravityworks because it backflushes easily and the "dirty" bag opening makes it easier to scoop water from shallow sources (very difficult, going on impossible, with the Sawyer bags.)

For a longer trip, I wouldn't even hesitate, though: I'd grab my trusty MSR Miniworks. Yes, it's heavy, and it has to be pumped, but it's absolutely bombproof in my experience, and it's easy to maintain in the field.

The one feature I'd insist on is the ability to directly connect the "clean" container - that turns a three-handed juggling act into a two-handed operation. It's also nice if the outlet spout is protected from contamination by some sort of cover (The Miniworks excels in both features, with the Gravityworks a close second.)

One of the nicest features of the Squeeze: no hoses. And, you can use a "tornado tube" (go into any teachers' supply store and they'll know exactly what you need) to direct connect the clean and dirty bottles to the filter.

My opinions don't always line up with the majority - but, then, I'm not married to any of these other folks, so it's not important that they do so... smile