Thanks, Jason; lots of good info.

I'd been wondering how those bags worked - the diagram on the website left me wondering whether a slde sleeper ended up with extra air to heat up.

The one thing I've never understood about bag-and-pad combos (mostly Big Agnes, until now) is how you slept on your side without rolling the bag - every time I tried, I ended up with my face in the side of the hood, and one ear out in the brisk night air. Is there a trick to doing this, or is the Antares bag designed a bit different to allow this?

I picked up TR Alpine down blanket on closeout - had been wanting to try an actual quilt (versus using my WM Mitylite unzipped as a quilt.) I'm hoping to get it out for a try later this month. I figured using a hooded down jacket (if temperatures slipped just below its rating) would add the hood feature, and would keep the hood on my head if I rolled to my side. I'm anxious to give it a try (with my 40th Anniversary T-Rest - heavy, but comfortable and warm); this may end up being a nostalgia trip if I dig out some other oldie-but-goodie gear!