I recently read that Exped now has a M/W pad, i.e. wide pad in "medium" length. Not knowing what "medium" length is, after reading your post, I looked at their website. So far, this size is only in the Synmat UL7. Specs show 72" long and 26" wide, weight 20 oz. Not bad for a wide pad, and sounds like just the size you're looking for! The MW size also comes in their regular Synmat, but that of course is a lot heavier.

I just bought an Exped Downmat UL7 (similar pad but different insulation) and so far really like it (it's in short and narrow, fine for me). And what with my increasingly creaky body (age), I'm really particular about what I sleep on. With the Schnozzle inflator (required for down insulation) and the patch kit, my Downmat weighs about the same as the MW Synmat UL.

People have shortened wide NeoAirs, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk cutting up something that expensive! If you can afford it, I suggest you try the new MW Synmat UL. If nothing else, you'll be encouraging the market for shorter wide sleeping pads!

The other good thing about the Exped pads is that the outside tubes are slightly bigger than the others, which really helps to keep you from rolling off!

If you get one, be sure to try it out on the floor at home for a few nights while you can still return it. Sleeping is a very individual activity, and you need to find a pad that suits you!

Edited by OregonMouse (04/14/14 05:02 PM)