Neat reading others stories, here is mine...

A few years back, I was finishing some maintenance with a group of volunteers in the Adirondacks. Two of us had decided to finish up and camp on site. Our location was nearby a small lake surrounded on all sides sans its outlet by a ridge line formed by glaciers. Unbeknownst to us a storm was moving up the east coast. These are referred to as Nor'Easters and can vary in intensity and precipitation. I was in my hammock and my buddy in his tent 50 yards away at most. In the middle of the night, the wind started to pick up, I felt myself start to sway in th hammock and the tarp began to flap a little. I fell back asleep and awoke as the storm grew more intense. I could hear the winds running along the ridge line like a train and then a few moments later a huge gust would come rushing through. This intensified as did the rain. My tarp was flapping, but stayed secure (I use rigging line designed for sails). At one point in the middle of the storm, a tree came down. Based on the direction and perceived distance, I worried in landed on Chuck's tent. Since the wind gusts allowed for briefs pauses of relative quiet, I listened for calls for help. Apparently Chuck was thinking the same thing as the tree had come down between us. We were both safe, warm and dry but our blood pressure certainly increased when that tree came down. I still camp in that area and think about that storm every time I visit the spot.