Originally Posted By Heather-ak
The hot springs were VERY hot - I couldn't stay in very long. Bad thing is the weight of the swimwear that froze afterwards! (Yeah I'm a prude! blush)

See, this is why I hike with guys - I can keep the weight down wink

However, the problem I seem to have is that I can be in the middle of nowhere, I can have seen nobody else for *DAYS* and as soon as I just strip everything off an jump in the water women show up.. it's almost uncanny. Last year It happened
here:

That's height of the rockies in B.C. It's routefinding to get to that lake, no trail. I've been there for two days, and we've seen nobody. I strip naked and get in the lake, and two young women and a guy show up..

Now, see this one

That's right below Cataract Pass, (which is the saddle on the left of the photo). no official trail at all.. routefinding...

I get naked and am pouring water with my pot over myself from that (which is coming straigh off the glacier) along with three other companions, and not a word of a lie, something like seven women come over the pass - on a group hike.. and are confronted by four naked old(er) men in the middle of nowhere....

Why is this? I think as an ugly fat computer guy I could just ditch my PLB entirely, carry a 24 strand piece of direct buriable fibre optics in my pack. If I'm in trouble bury the fibre and take of my clothing and I'm certain dozens of women would show up driving a backhoe to dig up the fibre optics and embarass me..
Browse my pictures