CJennings, I don't mean to embarras you, but I believe that Andril is going to the mountains of Georgia, the nation in the Caucasus Mountains, not Georgia the US state!

Unfortunately this is not a place that many of us go. I'm therefore just guessing that because the Caucasus are quite a bit higher than our US mountains, the conditions will be more severe than, say, the Alps or Rockies. I hope that those more familiar with the Caucusus will clarify this.

If you'll be camping above treeline in truly adverse conditions (high winds, frequent severe storms, etc.), I'd go with Hilleberg or perhaps Stephenson (a similar hoop tent). The other two on your list are not designed for such severe conditions. They will be fine, though, if you will always be camping in sheltered areas.

One way to determine if the tent is big enough is to check the specifications, especially the floor measurements, on the manufacturer's website and use tape (painters tape or masking tape) to mark out the area on your floor. Then see if everyone in your party will fit comfortably in the taped-off space!

Andril, it would be wonderful if you would post a report on this forum after your trip. This is a part of the world that few of us get to, and I know that everyone here would love to learn more about it and see some photos!

Edited by OregonMouse (04/02/14 12:17 PM)
Edit Reason: correct spelling