Sounds like you are more in line with weekend mountaineering than backpacking. One thing you quickly learn when doing mountaineering, is that you minimize camp gear to be able to carry more mountaineering gear. It sounds like you perhaps are a bit too "plushy" with respect to your base camp comfort. I have done all my climbing in the west, so this may not be applicable to NY. We often used bivy sacks instead of tents, because then we could take the bivy sack on the climb in case we got stuck out overnight. A lot of climbers also do not fuss with cooking - simply take ready-to-eat food - eliminating all the cook gear. If you carry enough supplies to survive a night on the mountain, you really should not have that much more for your base camp. I just cinched down my regular pack (2-3 pound pack) for the climb. I never went "light" with my pack because rock climbing puts a lot of wear and tear on a pack and the UL packs would not last very long.

The gear you take depends on what is your real goal - the climb or the base camp. I never felt compelled to have a very comfortable base camp since so little time was spent in the base camp since we did 2-3AM "alpine starts".

I would reassess your base camp gear and see if you cannot eliminate items, and then go for smaller packs that can double for the trek into the base plus the climb.