If you're not really going to be hiking very far, or very often, light weight isn't critical. In those cases, if you're trying to save money, look at some of the REI brand tents like the Quarter Dome and Half Dome; Sierra Designs might also have some (I haven't really looked at their offerings for several years, but I owned a couple back in the 80s and 90s and was quite pleased.)

Slightly higher in cost, and a bit lighter in weight, are the MSR Hubba NX series and the Big Agnes tents other than the Fly Creek and Copper Spur series.

If weight is important, or money is no significant object, then you've got (in addition to Phat's suggestions, which are excellent) the MSR Carbon Reflex series, and the Big Agnes Fly Creek, Fly Creek Platinum, and Copper Spur tents.

Personally, I prefer side openings on my tents. I tried the Fly Creek Platinum 2 last year, and it was OK, but I'm going back to my old Hubba or Copper Spur 1, just because of the side opening. I find them more convenient. The Carbon Reflex 1 is identical to the Hubba, but about half a pound lighter and not free-standing; I also like that tent when weight is an issue, but the Hubba and Copper Spur tend to be my go-to, all-purpose tents.