Well, the Bearikade is approved for the Sierra, because at that time the Sierra Black Bear Group (now defunct) did their own testing. It is not on the list of the approved canisters by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee. I was told by the Bearikade folks that (1) all their market is for the Sierra and (2) the tests are the same. Well, that's true, but the testers for the IGBC have stronger jaws. After a prototype was well holed by the captive grizz testers, Bearikade didn't bother submitting a final model to the IGBC, even though that agency would like to see lighter canisters.

The BPL thread is here. Page down to the posts by Greg Mihalik. (You may notice a few posts from regulars on this forum, too.)

I probably should test my Bearikade with my daughter's dog, whom I'm currently dog-sitting. He basically can't have any toys because he chews them to smithereens in minutes. Even supposedly indestructible Ultimate Kong toys won't survive his chewing. I think he should be renamed "Jaws"!

Edited by OregonMouse (02/25/14 01:27 AM)