hmmm...now I'm not so sure. I was also checking out the Klymit pads and how they work inside a regular sleeping bag. I'm not really so concerned with the weight as the mass of the bags that I've previously had and currently have now. Seems like every trip I go out my pack is stressed to the max and I'm afraid of a blow out. I just want something that's warm and packable. I see Walmart has a new ultralight and packable bag but I've heard a few bad reviews about the innards shifting about during the night. I'm wondering how it would work with a Klymit pad? I'm not afraid to put on a sweater and I often carry a wool hat even in the middle of summer and extra socks as well that I've used as mittens on occasion. I've heard some people say that even though its a 20 degree bag it should be rated more to 40 degrees. If I go with a quilt then I'm going back to my full sized sleeping pad which really wouldn't be a bad thing I suppose but if I can cut down the mass then I'm gonna cut it down. Just want that happy medium between the mass, and comfort.