Bamudd, My first question to you is "why do you think you need a new one?" Second, what is your intended use?

There must be thousands of posts scattered across dozens of websites on stoves. They are one of the "big 3" of camping discussions, bags and shelters (tents, etc.) being the other two.

Stoves fall into several categories. i would first separate them by type of fuel-liquid (broken down further into types of liquid fuels), gas, and a few miscellaneous stoves that burn tablets or wood). A few stoves burn both liquid and gas.

Factors to consider:
1. use (general camping v. mountaineering, winter v. three season, solo or group cooking, for example);
2. weight;
3. design;
4. burn time;
4. cost.

Although we all would agree that some stoves are better than others because they are made better or designed better (sturdier pot stands, for one), after sorting out those factors, the rest often comes down to personal preference. I have a small selection of stoves and can point out the pros and cons of each one. I know there are better ones out there, but mine are long paid for and work reasonably well, so I see no point in buying any more, at least for now. smile

Edited by TomD (02/08/14 05:49 PM)