Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I must admit that I joined this group in hopes of finding a solution to a problem I'm having with my Tarptent.

I somewhat recently purchased a Stratospire 2, which overall I am very pleased with, but unfortunately I botched the seam sealing. The sealant dried in such a way that the silny flaps that are supposed to cover the vestibule zippers are not laying flush against the zippers. Instead, they seem to have creases that make them sort of stick up, thus exposing the zippers. My wife and I have yet to weather a storm in our newish tent, but I'm afraid that when we do the exposed zippers are going to be a disaster.

I'm pretty sure I know where my downfall was. I used Gear Aid's Silnet, but unfortunately I didn't dilute the sealant before applying it. The thick consistency made it hard not to lay it on too thick and the coverage turned out somewhat uneven(thicker in some places, thinner in others). Does anyone out there have a potential solution? Is there any way to remove sealant without damaging the tent so I can just start over?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Newbie seam sealer