Yeah, that was a long slow storm. I think it would have been easy to shake the snow off from inside the tent. If you could keep it warm inside it might have shed it off by melting it, but I'm not sure.

In the 1st photo you can see there's two charred pieces of wood sticking up out of the snow. That's what's left of an experiment my neighbor Randy and I did last week. I found a video on YouTube while searching for long lasting fires and came across using a "Swedish Torch" . I'd never seen or heard of this.

That worked really good with this tent. It lasted over three hours without hardly any fiddling around with it and most of the heat is radiated out the sides of the "torch", not straight up, so you can direct a great deal of it right into the tent. We even held the awning out over top of it and the heat never got more than warm. This would work great in a rain or snow. I'm not sure yet if it's a practical method for a backpacking campfire, but it's really good for a patio fire or car camping or canoe trips.

I'm going to experiment using that method with deadfall sticks to see what I can do, but in addition to that there are some other interesting videos on building long lasting campfires on YouTube as well.

"You want to go where?"