Originally Posted By lori
I think it's jumping the gun to feel like it's impossible - I was offering options that could be temporary while you work back up to carrying the pack. My friend had a horse buck him off - after a previous back surgery. He failed to listen to the doctor about not riding horses, and tried to ride a green broke horse into the bargain. HIs problems are in the lower back.

I think everyone is different - and if the doc thinks it's possible to backpack again, listen to the guy with the degree and the experience who's looking at you in person, not people on the internet and their anecdotes.

Lori, thanks for the input. I'm not just listening to anecdotes, thus the every 30 day visit to the Doc's office, hopefully, with the 15th Jan being the big one, with good news, hopefully.
However, what you can pick up from anecdotal stories, is some of the suggestions that I've already heard, suggestions like the rolling pack, maybe a pack animal (not really much of that around here), and other such things. The Doc can make the medical decisions, but someone else might come up with a suggestion that facilitates things, if that makes sense.

Thanks,
J.