I did a YouTube search for "Super Shelter" and "Bakers Tent" a few days ago to see what's new there. There are some cool new videos. There's one where a guy running a "Survival Skills" type course had a bunch of people out on a cold night who built Super Shelters and spent the night in them.

These videos get a lot of views but most all the videos rig up a "Super Shelter" in a "survival" situation, which I find a bit curious. I mean, this technique is now several years old and if you've already thought ahead enough to buy "Emergency Blankets" and visqueen to make a "Super Shelter" why not just make a lightweight tent like mine? Why wait?

It's a curious thing that others haven't done this already at this point because it's a very natural evolution of the concept, but overall the concept seems to be stalled with the "Survival" shelter. This is bugging me because there's a lot of room to move forward with it for backpacking and I'm basically lazy and know that if others were working on it I would benefit from their good ideas laugh

Looks like the end of this week will get pretty cold. Highs in the mid 30šs on Thursday and Friday. I think I might head out somewhere in the forest and make my own video and post it on YouTube. I'm hoping this will nudge others to start innovating on this concept. If it does, it will sure be fun to see what others come up with.

"You want to go where?"