I figured out this past week that I'm low on iodine and that's been causing me to feel pretty draggy.

Among other things, I read this past week that the odds of getting iodine in salt aren't all that good, so even upping my intake these past few years, which was significant from the nothing over the decades before, I probably still wasn't getting much or any iodine at all. This year that caught up to me and kicked my butt. Apparently it wonks out the Thyroid hormones and that's what has been dragging me down.

So my wife got some kelp capsules and I started taking one of those each morning and they're helping already. Pretty amazing in fact. They don't taste very good, but I don't let it meander long, I wash it down in a hurry.

Come to find out, two of my neighbors are taking a prescription Thyroid pill because they tested low for iodine in their blood. They said it's a pretty common prescription and the pills don't cost much, but I do wonder why their doctors don't just prescribe something like the kelp capsule?

And I was always under the impression that table salt had to contain iodine at minimum levels. If that's the case, we're apparently paying someone to check it and they're not.

Anyway, the kelp capsule is an easy way to make sure your getting your iodine, and I'll testify that it makes a difference if you don't get it. frown

"You want to go where?"