Originally Posted By bluefish
I use an e-blanket on the floor of my tent and use 2 candle lanterns hung off a line on carabiners with a foil reflector above them. Been doing this same routine for about 35 years. When its below 10 degrees (10 below is about max for me these days) it allows you to read and be relatively comfortable. They only burn for 2-3 hrs. at most before I want them out to sleep.

No kidding. That's really encouraging. I've just started playing with the tent heater concept. I made my tent primarily to use with a campfire but the prodding to try out some kind of heater came when so many here said they don't like or can't have campfires. So that presents another problem to solve and I'd heard about backpackers using candles to heat tents. Plus, even I can't always have a campfire so I just had to start playing with it.

I've been looking at some candle lanterns. The foil pans I'm using work good, but they might not pack so good. They're easily crushed. It's also pretty easy to reshape them, but that could add a fuss factor that's not worth it.

The e-blanket floor really helps a lot to keep the ground from sucking all the heat out of you. I really like the bubble foil floor in my tent. It's easy to clean and durable, and it's replaceable. I haven't had to replace mine yet and it's still in very good shape. That's some pretty amazing stuff.

Originally Posted By bluefish
The concept of a heated tent is very intriguing, thanks for the posts. My wife would love it!

Heck yeah! A small campfire can be pretty darn romantic. Add a warm and cozy tent made to go with it in the mix and if I'm cooking dinner my wife is there! grin

"You want to go where?"