Been gone for a few days but wanted to just add a personal experience regarding hammock use. I was out last weekend in the Catskills and woke up to snow on the ground; which was NOT expected. I'd slept very well that night in my Big Agnes 15 F sleeping bag and my Therma-rest full length pad that had been slipped into the pocket built into the sleeping bag. My wife told me when I got home that the temperatures where I was had dropped into the mid twenties that night. At no point during the night was I ever cold or felt a draft and my night clothes were a lightweight wool Ibex top, the lightest polypro long underwear bottoms I own and a pair of wool socks. I wore a fleece beanie but it got too hot so I took it off. Throughout the night there was a pretty good breeze but nothing ever affected my sleep or being warm. In other words, a good pad that's well placed can work for you. And besides, it gives you more flexibility if you need to go back to the ground some evening.

Just my thoughts and experience. Take them for what it's worth. Until next time...Be well.

snapper