Nearly all gear lists in the US are listed in ounces, usually to the nearest 1/10 ounce. A few use grams. Sorry, I'm not going to do the math to figure out if your weights for each item are what I'd consider reasonable. I also don't bother with metric, not because I'm against it but because I don't want to bother with conversion when comparing to others' lists.

In addition, there's the problem of shared gear. The two treatments I've seen are either allocating half the weight of the shared item to each person or to make individual lists showing who carries which shared gear item. The second is probably more realistic, especially if you include the consumables (food, water, fuel). Since I generally go solo, I don't have this issue. When I take a grandkid out, I make individual lists for each of us.

15 lbs. base weight is not bad except that I'm not sure how you are treating the shared gear.

You might want to look at the 7-day gear list on the [url=ww.backpacking.net]home page of this site, left hand column[/url] as a model for future gear lists. Unfortunately it doesn't treat the problem of shared gear!

Edited by OregonMouse (10/19/13 06:53 PM)