My opinion might not count since I collect stoves and have a ton of them and have torn loyalties.

On another bp site, they have tinkered with all the fuel types the last year or more and are on Esbit type fuel now, being able to get it to simmer. I have a few Trail Designs Caldera Cone setups for about three pot sizes now. If fire restrictions were not in effect during summer temps, I'd take it due to its super light weight. I have pot sizes .9L, .6L and a .550L mug. The .6L is so cute. They have sliced and diced other stoves and stove systems to come up with hybrid systems for alcohol stoves and are quite efficient. To me, you'd have to use the stove a long time to save much more weight, those concoctions may be more interesting to thru hikers, looking to save a few oz.
I really like my loud, vintage MSR stoves, 9, G, GK, MF and of course the old Optimus 8/8R's, using the same burner as the Svea 123. The old MSR stoves will heat up a tent very quickly if needed, leave plenty of ventilation. I find the newer MSR Dragonfly a very nice simmering stove if one wanted to cook something that required a long simmer time. Of course I have a Dragontamer silent cap for it, which may help it simmer better. I find the new MSR Micro Rocket very loud, sold my Pocket Rocket which some said have what looked like too flimsy of pot supports, but I never had issues, maybe they were trying to heavy of a pot or thought it just looked too light weight. The MSR white gas stoves have been the standard for years, they don't simmer well, but you could try lower pressure in the fuel tank. MSR is also well known for standing behind their products. I like the Snow Peak Giga Power GS-100? canister stove, nice stove, fast.
Duane