I have also found that a wider based pot boils water faster than a narrow based pot. I have a titanium solo "pot/cup" that I do not use much anymore because for the little extra weight, I use less fuel, over the long run. In addition, I like to use my pot as a wash basin, and the solo cup is not suitable for that! I also have steam-fried fish in the 1-L pot. The only time I use the solo pot now is when I simply do not have room for the larger pot (weekend trips where I use my daypack and forego the tent). The most important thing for me in considering a pot, is the lid. You need a tight fitting lid to steam fish. I also need to have a pot that fits inside my bear canister and one that my titanium cup fits within. I had to squish the handle of my cup to get it to fit within the solo pot.

I have not had problems with burning food using titanium, even when frying. My stove is really good at simmering on a low flame. I find that when simmering, the fuel can seems to build pressure so I have to constantly turn down the flow to keep the same simmering flame.

I use a spork. A spork can be drippy if meals are soupy. My husband hates sporkes, and has a spoon and fork set. Lately, in my more addled mind and poor eyesight of old age, I may switch to a plastic spoon, just because they come in bright colors. I seem to always forget where I laid down my titanium spork just when I needed it!