That's one thing back on my bucket list, go to Alaska again. After at least one more visit there, I'd only be RVing in the winter a little to escape shoveling snow at my place for a few months if I can afford to get away. Seems renting is pretty pricey, I could get a nice camper at a nice price, a popup one sounds like the ticket as a shell would not allow me enough space to bring some of my stove collection along to play with. smile A newer truck will not be cheap, even for a used one as I want to get a 4X4 for getting firewood and to be able to get in and out of my place if I don't leave for warmer climes. I have a very nice down payment saved up, I just don't have a high paying job, but the retirement contribution hurts my pocket now, but will be nice later.

I forgot all about being able to get a Seasoned Citizen Park Pass, that would sure save. I darted in and out of the Lava Beds NP in N CA a few years ago as I got there late, but still paid for my campsite, just did not pay to enter the Park as I got there before dark and left early.
Duane