If only it were just the JMT. As of late I find myself carrying a trash bag just for trash.

Conversely, I went prepared up Bubbs Creek to haul out trash left in bear boxes. The ones in Junction Meadow and at Sphinx Cr bridge were empty of trash. I guess, despite the presence of thrus headed down to Roads End, those are enough off the beaten freeway of the JMT to escape becoming trash heaps as the ones in Vidette were the year I camped there.

The heavy used Dinkey Wilderness and the heavier used Jennie Lake Wilderness are examples of what happens when people ignore rules. Fire rings in the wrong places, little piles of tp behind large obstacles blocking the view from the trail, and there is precious little firewood within a few minutes' walk of the legal campsites. And fires - during a ban.

I took a backpacking class to Hobler which is just a half day's hike from the Maxson trailhead at Courtright Reservoir. Dudes across the lake lit a BONFIRE ten feet tall and kept it going all afternoon and evening. I took pictures and we intended to get their license plate the following day and report them, but they beat feet before we could do that. A-holes - and to think that on Saturday they hiked all the way in breathing smoke from the Aspen Fire!

http://hikeandbackpack.com