I wasn't sure of a character limit so I made two posts. I'll be digging around for info as time permits but here's the basics of what we have thus far. Our gear is an interesting mix depending upon finances and what I felt we could reuse until we get a feel for how our backs will handle this.

My pack is the USMC ILBE, with the SOURCE bag and a 3L Camelback bladder. I have an ALICE pack but the frame broke which made it too rough to carry. My wife is carrying her Camelback Rim Runner, which she packs here clothes, Altoids style survival kit, and a first aid kit in. After that it's pretty much full.

We have 2 250g Snow Peak fuel canisters and a Snow Peak LiteMax (think that's the right name) stove with the Snow Peak 1400 Aluminum kit to stuff everything inside of, including a couple Coleman Fork/Knife/Spoon jobbies.

She uses the MSS Bivy sack with a Patrol Bag and that keeps her fairly warm most of the year, I just use a Patrol Bag (some how this is what I ended up with); both have compression sacks.

Our tent is a 4 man cheapo from a big box store, freaking thing weighs close to 10#s, as does my pack... Thus why UL stuff is interesting to us.

For our food we usually take granola bars, oatmeal, quinoa, tuna, and almonds. This is for hiking trips, car camping we go all out with the camp stove if fire isn't permitted but always cook over a fire if possible.

Anywhos, that's the basics of the big items we have. Any thoughts would be appreciated. If all goes well with our Grand Canyon trip we will be leaving from there for a couple days in Bryce Cyn followed by a couple in Zion. If we are up for it I hear of nice 3 day trip in Zion we may try.

Look forward to hearing thoughts and if anyone wants to post links to some good info that'd be great! Basic First Aid and Survival stuff I have etched into memory, but the idea of not having to carry 90lbs is new to me and something I'm having an issue with as far as cutting the cord on some things. smile