Thanks for the tips guys! It is interesting to hear the Catalyst has the longer frame sheet vs the GG packs. I wish they sold their packs in stores nearby to try, but may have to order one and see how it goes.

Also interested to hear that the Atmos helped someone with a similar problem as that is the pack which seemed to fit me the best in a store. Glenn your situation seems to match mine exactly, even when I get the shoulder strap / frame connection correct it doesn't make the frame sheet any longer. If you happen to know, did you try the Atmos 65 as well? Any idea if the frame sheet is the same size? I had tried on the 65 in a large and got a fairly good fit but that is a BIG pack and really don't think I need all that space!

I HAD read about the small adjustment added to this years model, but when i tried it on was told it did not have that feature, guess it was the older pack. I will have to hit a few different REIs and see if anyone has the 2013 version. It doesn't appear they changed the name to make it easy? i.e. sometimes you will see the 50L and a 52L which may just be there because the pack actually got slightly larger but is very helpful for finding the latest model.

I should say as was mentioned above that I do believe the Blaze handles 30 lbs with ease, and is an awesome pack that probably fits 90% of folks well. I am quite disappointed to not be among them smile

Edited by Niroth (07/02/13 08:52 AM)