I just ordered some of the new-style (blue) Sawyer bags, and there's one problem with them: they don't stand up. There's no "gusseted" bottom, that expands to let you stand them up straight. (CORRECTION: As I discovered, just about the same time Heather posted below, these bags ARE gusseted - it's just well-disguised!)

Since there's no adapter provided to connect them directly to filter, it's kind of difficult to fill the bladder when it's laying on its side.

I solved it - I had a "Platy Link" (the bottle top that has an L-shaped tube fitting inserted through it) that I connected to the filter outlet for now. I emailed Sawyer, and got a rather curt reply: "To connect directly to another pouch use a "tornado coupling" avaliable at most educational outlets." I searched for about an hour on the internet, and couldn't find any. (Well, I found some, but they were industrial and cost at least $200 each.) I'm going to check at the local hardware store - I think I might have seen something like that on a neighbor's garden hose.

(I had also commented on how hard the bags were to fill in a stream, and got this: "A small turkey baster or an additional syringe will solve your low water problems.")

No name signed, no additional information - just two sentences that were borderline helpful. Sawyer's not exactly putting the "service" in customer service.

If I can't find a coupling that works better than the Platy link, I'll probably just pass the filter on to someone with more patience, and stick with my Platypus GravityWorks.

Edited by Glenn Roberts (06/10/13 07:59 PM)
Edit Reason: Error correction