Find this one confusing. Don't remember noticing any recommendations for any military bottles. The only green Army bottles that I can think of are the plastic canteens that replaced the old aluminum ones about the time I got in (Korea).

If that's what you are thinking about, I still have one, along with the cover, belt, webbing and butt pack I was issued, and still use it once in a blue moon, since the canteen cup and "cup holder" fit inside the cover around the canteen, and form a fairly efficient way to boil water (you need a commercial cover or foil for the cup) and it's fairly compact.

But this stuff is very heavy by today's standards, and I think probably finding it would be difficult and expensive (The military no longer uses it).

I use it because I have it, it's quick and handy (I keep it in the car) and I have rather a lot of experience (a significant amount of it unwanted), so using it seems easy. Starting new, I can't imagine any reason for buying it. There is commercial gear that will do the same job cheaper and lighter.

best, jcp