Originally Posted By Robotmoose
Originally Posted By BZH
Have any of you (who are blaming this guy) considered that he may have suffered a head injury in the fall?

I know I hadn't.
That's a good point to bring up, and one we'll never know because the article doesn't elaborate.
I still feel that the group itself should be held responsible in at least some degree: They could have prevented whatever led to his becoming trapped there, or stayed with him to help SAR crews find him.

Assuming they could have prevented it is a bit much - it only takes a second to slip and disappear. The fellow rescued from Dogtooth Peak was seen by someone else who was up there, and then he simply wasn't there - fell off the peak top in a split second.

Head injuries are always possible... not sure blaming him is the right terminology, as they really don't know they are clueless tourists. From their point of view, everything they do makes perfect sense... Clueless is also a feature of dehydration, which is horribly easy to fall into when you don't understand the power of sun on open granite vs. that little tiny water bottle you brought.

http://hikeandbackpack.com