I'm still trying to find one. Everything out there either weighs 3 lbs. (my overnight pack weighs only 27 oz. and I refuse to carry a heavier daypack) or doesn't fit me. More and more daypacks are becoming "unisex" with the shortest torso length being 17" and most being 18". My torso length is 15". I tried an Osprey Talon 32 with an adjustable torso, but like every other Osprey pack I've tried, it just wasn't made for my body.

I have a women's version of the REI Stoke 19 (bought on closeout because it had been discontinued) which fits me fine but is too small except for short fair-weather dayhikes (the kind where I'm home by lunch so don't have to take one). Unfortunately the women's version of the Stoke 29 had already been sold out--it would have been perfect. The unisex version REI carries now is far too long in the torso for me.

Just try on a bunch of different packs, with the gear you'll be taking. If you're going to use it in Canyonlands, you need to be able to carry 3 to 4 liters of water in it, so take the bottles and fill them with water! You'll probably not find one without a hydration pocket, but you can either cut it out (once you're sure the pack is a keeper) or use it for long skinny stuff like maps.

Edited by OregonMouse (05/09/13 04:31 PM)