Wow, I don't about that Lori. How long was the tick on you?

Seriously, I get bit dozens of times each season, and so do all of my neighbors. We couldn't possibly take anti-biotics every time we got bit. It's common to pull a dozen ticks off of yourself in a single day here, and even several times that if you walk into a nest of the little buggers.

It's normal for a tick bite to be red and a leave a little itchy lump. That lump will stay there for a long time too if you keep scratching at it. So don't scratch at it. Get some itch relief stuff and use it generously. I carry itch cream with me from about now until late October.

Keep an eye on the bite. If a rash develops, or the ring, then do go get anti-biotics, and don't waste anytime about it.

You said it was a "White" tick. If by that you mean it was swollen with blood, that could mean it was on you for too long. If it was there for more than 24 hours you need to be aware that you could have been infected, so be aware of the symptoms and if you think you might be, go get the antibiotics. But if you do get anti-biotics, after you're done with them be sure to get some probiotics and take those to rebuild your immune system.

You also need to be aware that just because you got bit by a tick doesn't mean you contracted a disease. You can get a disease from a mosquito bite too, but you probably won't. I used to go to Wisconsin for vacation when I was a kid, I've probably been bit by a million of those cry

"You want to go where?"