It's perhaps a descendant of/replacement for the Eos, which has been an excellent headlamp, if lacking several of the features of this model.

I've been using the Tikka2 XP for three seasons, the last two with the Core programmable, rechargeable battery. It's not perfect (no headlamp is) but does everything I need in a small, light package. Plus, I can recharge it for essentially unlimited use.

One tip--ditch the alkalines for NiMH rechargeables. You'll get better performance and never again have to leave with half-dead cells. Lithium are even better, but they remain stubbornly expensive.

Cheers,

Originally Posted By rionada
Anyone tried this:
PT Vizz
As I get older - I need more light. I saw the recent headlamp thread, but nothing mentioned really works for me. This thing weighs 3.7 with alkaline batteries (which I would replace with lithium) - a little heavy but I'd carry it if it does the job.

I'm looking for a light that has both ends covered - really bright (night hikes), and fairly dim (rumaging the tent while others sleep). This is supposed to have a "dimmer" mode that allows for infinite adjustment (within the specs of course).

So, anyone tried it? What'd think?

Any other lights that you know of meet my requirements?