I make a point of taking some thiner straight pegs and some of the three-flanged stakes. In hard ground the straight pegs go in better; on soft ground the flanged ones hold better. I also camp where there usually are lots of big rocks so having enough string to tie around a big rock is helpful. With the extra tent string, I do not take "emergency" cord. If my shoelace breaks I just cut off some tent cord. In the big scheme of things, the weight of a few extra tent pegs is insignificant. Make up the extra weight by giving up an ounce of food or carry one tablespoon less water.

By the way, I just got back from 2 nights at Point Reyes National Seashore. I had my Moment set up on dirt, door wide open, and it rained inside the tent both nights, with the outside of the tent dry. Yes, there is a condensation problem with the Moment. Other Tarptent models do better for condtions where you have 100% humidity. I am not down on Tarptent, just be aware that the Moment does have some design flaws with regard to humid conditions.