Hi, Nicola. Now I'm confused. I read (and perhaps misunderstood) your first post as looking for a pack to hold a load that you were taking wilderness camping. You specifically mention a 60 liter pack (the Blaze AC 60.)

In this post, it now appears that all you're carrying is clothing, which implies this is more "adventure travel," where you'll be utilizing some form of lodging each night (perhaps a hostel or a hotel?) and relying on restaurants or other eating arrangements that do not require you to carry a stove or cooking gear.

If you are looking for advice on "wilderness" travel, please give us a more complete list of gear (tent, stove, how many days' food you'll carry, etc.), and you'll probably get a lot of good advice.

If you're seeking "adventure travel" tips, you will get some general advice here, but most of it will end by directing you to websites and forums (like Lonely Planet) that deal with that type of travel.

As far as durability of materials, the only way to judge that is to actually look at a pack. Often, it's not just the material itself that you need to be concerned with, but also the way the pieces are joined. If the seams are not well-sewn, the pack material may resist wear quite well - but the pack will fall apart at the seams.

For whatever it's worth, I'm currently using a Deuter pack; I've also used Osprey and Gregory packs, as well as Granite Gear packs, in the past. I've found all of them to be quite well-made and durable in the woods of the eastern United States. All 4 manufacturers make packs of various sizes. The best pack for you is the one that fits. (Check out the manufacturers' websites, which all have instructions for how their pack should fit.)