It's mostly just to learn things and gain experience in practice with instructor(s) pointing out constructive criticism. The details of the courses is here .

Personally, I feel I know how to survive if I'm carrying it! grin The courses at this time has no prerequisite to anything, it's mostly just personal thirst for knowledge. I'm just trying to justify on spending money for it. There is a guide service in Gatlinburg that takes people on backpacking and hiking trips and show beginners the rope on backpacking. That would be an interesting job to have for a season and Wilderness First Aid is a requirement for the job. I have asked them about whether they will be needing additional help for upcoming tourist season and they've got back to me with semi-good news. It's just an idea I was toying around in my head. Even If I don't do it or they choose other people, the classes could strongly benefit me one day, despite all the precautions I take..

Edited by ETSU Pride (01/14/13 01:29 PM)