First, I have never done what you are intending to do, so my advice, such as it is, is not based on any direct personal experience. Obviously, you should take it with a grain of salt.

My sense is that northern Europe and Africa will present such different sets of opportunities and problems that it is unrealistic to think that you can come up with one set of clothing and equipment for both parts of your trip. I'd expect that just prior to leaving Europe for Africa, I would revamp my kit, discarding some things and adding some others.

SHELTER
Tarp
Sleeping Bag
Bivouac Sack
4 Tent pegs
2 Extendable Tent poles
20m Rope
Thermal Emergency bivvy
Foam roll matt
3 Bungee Cords

Based on what you said, I envision that, while your sleeping arrangements may be quite rough much of the time, there will be few nights where shelter of some sort will not be available if you require it. I agree with taking a bivy sack. It could come in handy in lots of situations.

Both a thermal bivy and regular bivy seem like an unnecessary redundancy. Choose one or the other. 20 meters (approx 65 feet) of rope is far more than you will need. The tent poles are a convenience and can be done without. The tent pegs should be aluminum, not plastic. The tarp should likewise be no bigger than about 2m x 2.5m. Your sleeping bag could be fairly cheap, synthetic and rated for temperatures down to about 6C or 40F. It need not be heavy or bulky. You will be cold some nights, but you'll survive. For Africa, I'd be sure to have my own bug net.

Suitable clothes for both northern Europe and Africa, and both towns and wild places? It seems to me you will end up: 1) taking far too many clothes, or else 2) wearing unsuitable clothes during part of your trip, or else 3) buying different clothes as you go along. Probably a little of all three.

I guess the best advice I can think of is to adapt as you go. Don't sink all your available funds into gear and clothes at the start. Experience is the best teacher. Learn and refine your knowledge as you go. It is impossible to predict what you'll need or how you'll solve the problems you encounter. Give yourself as much flexibility as you can, equip yourself using what you already own as much as you can at the start, and keep your travel funds in your pocket as long as you can.

And have fun!