Originally Posted By hikerduane
I'm looking for a new winter pack myself. I thought I needed a 75-80L pack too, but I need to put my winter gear in a box and measure it to get the true amount. I thought my old and current winter pack was around 5500 ci which is a panel loader. The zipper on one side has a tooth missing now after I tried to pull in open, I had worked over the slider, but that wasn't enough, so that side is no longer working. I could have it sewn shut, right now I have a few safety pins holding it. I was looking at the Aether, but I want a top loader, I can see why pro's go for the top loader, no major zipper failures. I can wait, I'm getting my dual sport motorcycle set up for camping at the moment, so new bp gear and old stove acquisition is on hold or scaled back.
Duane
what kind of dual sport? I ride a Husky 610 and found saddle bags very useful in bike camping. That and a promoto billet rack I can strap all my gear on the bike and just wear a day pack with hydration bladder. I found wearing my backpacking pack put the weight too high and made the ride a bit sketchy on the technical stuff.

As to the original question, 100 l is an awful big pack. Even for extended trips. Unless your hauling some else gear I would venture that your bringing way too much stuff.I fit everything I need for 5-7 day trip in a 60 l pack.