Originally Posted By jbylake
Originally Posted By aimless

I would mention that it's usually a mistake to make or buy really massive quantities of the same thing, because over the course of a long hike your body changes so radically that your tatses and appetite also change in unexpected ways. What seems fantastic to you in small amounts today may seem like the worst thing in the world by the fourth month of eating it every day or two.

First time I've ever seen this in print in years, but take heed here. I think aimless understated this. Just prior, or about the same time the MRE's were first being experimented on with military personnel, many of us ate virtually the same thing for months on end, especially during long training missions. I've witnessed, and have suffered myself, a kind of sickness that's hard to describe. Just the thought of certain foods, much less ingesting them over and over, could make you perpeturally ill, nauseated, and a kind of sick that many have likened to severe sea sickness. I can personally attest to not being able to eat certain things for years, without a gag reflex, and a psychological based case of nausea. Listen to Aimless, 100% correct. Maybe a Doctor can explain it, but I can attest to the fact that it's very real, and have seen several people go through it. No Fun!

J.

Wiki article on vitamin toxicity. Just about everything in the world is toxic in high enough quantities.