The whole idea of getting out & backpacking to me was something awesome. I bought alot of gear, alot of things I thought I needed, & just last summer took my first backpacking trip. It could have been much better if my bag wasnt so heavy, but it hasnt strayed me.

I'm looking at all these people talking about how their bag is 20-ish pounds and I would LOVE my bag to be 20 pounds!!! I decided after the first trip I wanted to try to cut it down to 35 pounds...but that sounds like heavy talk here?

So I have to ask, what is it your packing? How are you saving all that weight? With a tent, sleeping bag, pad, water, food, spare clothing, mess kit.... How can you possibly have a bag thats anywhere near 20-30#? & theres many of you considering that heavy :s

help out a newbie here lol... I'd love to go on more trips & hope to enjoy them more than the first. I'm certain that the first wouldve been more enjoyable if I wasnt carrying such a heavy load. Its kind of depressing I wasted so much money on the things I bought...& I'm beginning to find out that I'm going to have to buy alot of new things because I was buying out of inexperience