Originally Posted By Dok
I have used the bags quite a lot and have had no problem with them. I think the real problem is, and i have observed this a coupele of times in the field with others that have a sawyer, is that they squeeze the heck out of the bag. So ya, its gonna fail when you push it past its limits. A steady firm squeeze and rolling the bag up works just fine, and i have been using just the 1 liter bag that has come with it. no problems at all.

and all the people i know that need new bags sat there and put everything they have into squeezing the bags.

This is what Sawyer says as a response. Here is the problem with it.....it should be able to take the abuse. If you apply the same abuse to a platy, or any other brand (off brand) with a heatsealed "boat" lid, it can take the squeezing. The seal around the "boat" is a bad seal. Either they have two different plastics, or they have faulty manufacturing equipment. My guess is the plastic is mismatched. Of course, their bag material could be junk as well. Considering how easy the seal is (lots of manufacturers are doing it correctly) and how inexpensive the bag material is, this shouldn't be a problem. But, sawyer is ignoring it, at least it seams that way. At least the rest of the product is excellent.