it does collect condensation
given the right circumstances , all tents do...
Recently at another forum someone trying to justify his $600 plus tent commented that he never gets condensation inside that("zero condensation").
Oddly just a day or two after, another user call the same tent :"condensation machine" and yes reading forums from all over the place others have made the same remark..

So I get condensation in my tents too, obviously not always and never enough to worry me.
So far the easiest way to wipe condensation off for me has been using a kitchen cloth called Chux.
It's an Aussie thing that looks like this :

The reason I like that is because it is very light, wipes moisture from dry and it dries very fast.
I have tried sponges, natural and synthetic, Sham Wow type stuff, real shamy (chamois) and even microfiber but Chux works better.

Handy Wipes
Yes , same or very similar.
We have 3 types, I like the Super Chux best , thicker and more absorbent.
One is my tent cloth, another my towel and another a kitchen cloth and i usually have a spare one.
BTW, some tips on minimising condensation :
avoid camping near water
look for a tent that has top vents and loads of ventilation options (from bottom and or sides)
(one that you can leave some bits open even in the rain)
the more volume inside the better
the greater the distance between your mouth and the fly the better it is (well up to a point)
try not to sweat inside your bag
camp next to bushes or low trees (if there is no danger of branches falling on you)

Edited by Franco (09/27/12 01:37 AM)