Ha! I guess that not having had kids let me avoid those "flashbacks". It is awfully greasy, though.

A nice brand of lip sunscreen for general use is LipCotz, but the desitin or desitin clone might be better for skin that's recovering from chemo/freezing/whatever.

I've taken to using Aveda lip block, DeVita upf 30+ body block on my face for everyday use (i.e. not hiking or doing lots of outside stuff) since it's zinc but invisible, with Tropical Sands UPF 50 on my neck and backs of hands (it's kinda whitish, but my neck is pretty reddened from sun damage over the years, so it evens things out). For more prolonged or sweaty sun exposure, I haven't really decided but so far it's the Neutrogena Age Shield Face (less stinky and nicer consistency than the regular one) upf 70.

And yeah, I'm still worrying about the "next one". OM, that's great that your daughter-in-law's surgeon did such a good job on such a sensitive area. Having part of my lip removed would be close to my worst nightmare (being a wind musician)! So far my area of worst damage is on or around my nose...