Originally Posted By Samoset
Originally Posted By DieselTwitch
I was reading it as I posted it.

I've personally been rushed before in combat and I can tell you can get more than one round off. And if your using the right ammo. HP or BT it will expand and destroy the internals.

I've been maced before for training and the second time is not as bad as the first. So lets say you encounter a bear that has been maced before. 20$ says its going to care less about the spray this time.

In it boils down to personal preference and what you feel comfortable with. Personally I like my hand guns not to have safeties. I can shoot from the hip and continue to fire all the way to a standard frontal fire position. I spend at least one day a week training in a firing range and Im not a fallow shot by any means. Thats why I will recommend Spray to any one who is not 100% comfortable with a gun.

I honestly would hope that a trained soldier. That is the range weakly would know enough about gun laws and bi-laws that he could do some simple research"Think Google" that he wouldn't trouble a bunch of backpacking hippies with the debate!

Which this is not a question as posted.

If you feel comfy carrying and it legal then do it.

It's usually the guys with the 35lb packs + 6 lbs of cold steal strapd to there hip that usually ask a barefoot hammock sleeping hippie like me how do you walk so far.

H.Y.O.H

Wow that was a little rude!

I don't know what weapons you've looked at by my HEAVIEST handgun a 44 mag, 6 shooter, long barrel is 3.3 lbs. Also, as of today I've dropped my pack weight below 30 lbs, Shaved off with a new mat and bag.

Also, I love bare foot walking hippies, they give us something to laugh at when we are plucking them out of the forest in a $40M army helicopter because they are lost and out of food like we did 3 times last summer smile Not to mention the use of the $45M AH-64 gunship that used its FLIR to locate the nut cases smile so by all mean continue to walk barefoot with minimal gear and I will continue to rescue you when you get lost, hurt, or caught in a bad spring snow storm. To each his own, right?

I posted this topic on here because of the huge discrepancy ( big word for an army guy i know, I googled it! ) between laws governing carrying in NPs. One site says one while another may say some thing totally different. Even the park web pages can't totally agree. I figured I would ask a group of people that spend time in the park and more than just one park like a park ranger, I've asked them and each time get a different answer.