I've been using one this year, and like it a lot - and I was a dyed in the wool MSR fanatic (cut me, and I bled red - well, you get the point.)

It's fast, fuel efficient, and quite versatile. The small cup that protects the bottom of the pot makes a great measuring cup and small bowl (for making oatmeal and cup of soup.) The pot itself doubles as a drinking cup (think large traveler cup like you keep in your car.) It holds a perfect size serving of morning tea, and the pot cozy does keep it warm.

It's not the best stove for "real" cooking, but for the add-boiling-water-and-call-it-a-meal crowd, it's a really good choice. I chose the Sol because it was lighter, and because it claims to perform better than other canisters in the cold; haven't had it long enough to test that for myself yet.

I've not yet had any trouble with the piezo lighter; a click or two, and the stove has lit every time. But I still carry a separate lighter and usually some matches, just in case.

It's also about 4 ounces (a quarter pound) heavier than the Micro Rocket/Titan Kettle combo I previously used, but I'm starting to think the versatility could be worth it.

I'd recommend it, if you cook very simply. Not sure yet whether I'll actually give up my MSR kitchen yet for bakcpacking, but I'm not ruling it out. It would definitely be my choice for car-camping or for anyone willing to carry a bit of extra weight.