I have a freestanding winter tent and for that application, I like a freestanding tent, especially when setting up on snow. For 3 seasons, freestanding isn't so important as knowing how to set up whatever you have. Some tents look more like art school projects than anything else and I have no interest in those. The more panels and more parts, the more likely something will fail.

There are some UL freestanding tents. Big sky makes several models. The caveat here is that this company had major delivery problems a few years ago, so I don't know how reliable they are or if those problems have been fixed. Based on the lack of complaints, it appears so, but buyer beware. I only suggest them because their products look interesting.

I used to have one of the original SD Flashlights. I could set it up in about five minutes; there wasn't much to it and for two people, it was okay, but snug. No vestibule, which today, I would insist on in any tent I would buy.

Buying something based just on a picture is not the best way to go, but for some things, the only way you can buy them. If you can't see it in person first, at least get one you can return if you set it up and don't like it.