Originally Posted By Barefoot Friar

So what do you think? Is the ProLight (or ProLight Plus, for that matter) worth the cost? Are there any that are cheaper but offer the same benefits?

I own both a prolite and prolite plus *short* mattress, and I use them the most when not in my hammock.

I just got off about 17 trail nights on my prolite plus. I use the shorty to save weight, it's only 410 grams or so for the plus. I am typically a side sleeper and toss around a bunch. the key with the plus is not to inflate it to bouncy levels, but to let it self inflate, get on it, and puff into it a few times untill your hip just gets off the ground. surprisingly comfortable then - yeah it's not a hammock, but works pretty good.

When using the shorty, I normally put my blue foam "butt pad" that is also the top of my backpack, and my backpack itself, under my feet. Your better half may or may not be ok with the shorty.

Do you have "joined" sleeping bags or different ones? I have taken my wife out on some shorter trips, but when doing so I don't worry too much about "joined" pads or bags. As I sleep warm and she cold, typically, I put her on my winter big agnes pad, and I sleep on my prolite shorty, she uses my western mountaineering -10 bag and zips it up completely, I normally have my -3 down bag on, unzipped and half off of me wink

Basically, if you have bags that zip together, you may want two of the same pad to be able to cuddle close - if you don't, I'd not worry too much about having the same pad.

And you won't be able to both sleep on a 25 inch wide pad. It'll do fine for "amorous activities" in the tent, but you won't be able to both sleep on it wink
Browse my pictures