You're spoiled by the hammock, as am I.

The air mattresses (not self inflators) are the best bet. Right now I am testing the Big Agnes Q Core - a heavyweight but with 3.5 inches of depth and some insulation it's a real nice ride, if you must sleep on the ground. Inflating it about 2/3 gives me some nice cushion and some slack to not bounce around on it, as air mattresses tend to do when fully inflated.

The NeoAir I have been using for the past four-five years has been a good choice for me, nearly as comfy as the Q Core. It weighs a full 14 oz less than the BA mattress. Not as good an R Value on it but it has kept me warm to below freezing before.

I never had any luck whatsoever with the self inflators. 1.5 inches just does not keep my bones off the ground. I think I averaged an hour and a half of sleep, sometime in the wee hours of the morning when totally exhausted from all the tossing and turning on the one I used to have.

http://hikeandbackpack.com