I'm usually too lazy to pre-dehydrate - However I get a lot of grocery store meals that work just fine with no or minimal cooking.

First thing:

1) make a good cozy for your pot - "blue foam" and duct tape works very well if you make a nice bottom and top piece that fit your pot and seal up good. I can make regular non-instant rice in one of these by bringing the rice and water to a boil over my stove, then plopping the pot into the cozy for 35-45 minutes - yes it takes longer but it works fine.

As some have mentioned, instant potato and dressing dishes work well. some of my favorites:

0) Pre-cooked shelf stable bacon - it's light, it's bacon.. put it in stuff. (like the below)

1) Idahoan potatoes - flavoured or with gravy - with gravy I've added ham (from a pouch) or bacon (above) with a little cheese.

2) Ramen (it works)

3) Instant Dressing Mix (Stove Top, etc.) If you can get the "pouches" of chicken they make a fantastic addition.

4) Kraft Mac and Cheeze. - You can make it in a cozy just fine by just bringing it to a boil then letting it sit, or you can simmer a bit. For variation, add dehydrated onion, packets of taco sauce, and/or a pouch of tuna.

5) Tortillas. fill with peanut butter, nutella, cheese, bacon (above) etc. etc. etc.

6) Jell-o No-Bake cheesecakes - make with milk powder. grab some dehydrated fruit and soak it to put on top. (If you know how to pull this off, these are best enjoyed on remote campsites where there may be other people who have been out for a number of days.. the looks you get when you conjure strawberry cheesecake up out of a pot in a stream and start eating it cross between mildly amusing to the looks hyenas give wounded wildebeests)

7) instant oatmeal/cream-o-wheat, etc. We all eat it for breakfast.

8) Breakfast cereal - put a serving in a ziploc freezer bag with milk powder (nido or whole fat stuff is best) - add the right amount of water, stir and eat

9) CHEESE - a chunk of good harder cheese lasts a long time with no refregeration

10) Dry Sausage - Salami, Landjaeger, Pepperoni, etc. Many sausages do not require refrigeration and work well added to the above. (like potatoes or dressing or pasta)

11) Knorr side dishes - I am particularly partial to the singapore noodles - 2 cups of water, a blub of olive oil
and boil it up - works good for me.

12) Jerky - good to eat, and can go in as "meat" to a side or potatoes if you soak it a long time first.

13) Dried Fruit, nuts, etc.

However, I will definately second "trailcooking.com" - if nothing else go make yourself some cranberry chicken. Fantastic.

Browse my pictures