Hey Pika, that's quite a story. Jeez, wish you could have sued that driver for 6 figures. Good to hear you're almost back...and I did read the posts in the other topic on getting it back. Your situation seemed a lot worse than mine, with some serious pain and suffering. I luckily only had bruising and hip problems as a result.

Think you're right about taking time to get back. I'm just impatient as we just got some nice weather here. I'll get a chance to do some day hiking in a week to test out the hip on the trail. Funnily enough, I'm past the problem of pain after walking, it seems to improve the more stretching in yoga I do or after a good walk. That's encouraging!

The stiffness and back issues that emerged from this is the biggest problem, making me a little slow and careful on difficult routes and trails. You see all the 20 and 30 somethings just dancing along without a care in the world how they put their feet. It is bothersome, but a harbinger of things to come as we get older.

Glad to hear that there is some improvement and maybe even a semblance of normal after some time.